Prof. Abby Mathew
1. DHMCT – Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology, Bombay, 1982 – First Class.
2. Post Diploma in Advanced Hospitality Management IHM Bombay, 1983 – First Class.
3. Post Diploma in Teacher’s Training IHM Bombay, 1984 – First Class.
4. Hospitality Management Diploma – Educational Institute of American Hotel & Motel Association -1995.
5. Certified Hospitality Educator Educational Institute of American Hotel & Motel Association – 1996.
6. MA ( Public Administration) Annamalai University, 1996 – First Class.
1. First rank holder in Post Diploma in Teacher’s Training.
2. Best Project Report in PDTT
1. Industry – Chef Trainee, Chef de partie, Sous Chef with Taj Mahal Hotel, Mumbai, 1982 to 1986.
2. Industry – Operations Manager with Guestline Days ( Mahindra Group) 1986 to 1993
3.Academic – Principal, M S Ramaiah College of Hotel Management 1993 to 2014
4. Academic – Dean, FHMCT, Ramaiah University of Applied sciences 2014 till date
1.Food Production – Reinventing traditional cooking methods
2.Use of indigenous ingredients in modern cuisine
3.Food and Beverage Management
Presentations (Detailed list of Presentations) Conferences (Invited):
1.A 3 day workshop on NAAC – Effective peer team memberConference on Higher Education in India by HRD ministry, Government of India
2.Entrepreneurial Challenges and Opportunities in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry’, MSRCHM, 20th December 2013
3.‘Facets of Hospitality: An Overview of the Accommodations’, MSRCHM, 24th August, 2012
4.‘Research Planning and Design in Hospitality Industry’ at MSRCHM, Bengaluru, 30th November 2011
5.‘Handling Gen. Next in Professional Colleges’, MSRCHM, Bengaluru, 29th November, 2011
1.Facets of Hospitality: An Overview of the Accommodations’, MSRCHM, 24th August, 2012
2.‘Challenges and Opportunities in the Hospitality Industry, 3rd May, 2012
1.Member, Academic Council, Bangalore University – 3 terms.
2.Syndicate Member, Bangalore University – 2 terms.
3.Chairman, Board of Exams, BUB – 4 terms.
4.Member LIC, BUB – 6 terms.
5.Member – Academic Council, Mysore University – 3 terms.
6.Peer Team Member, NAAC – 7 terms.
The Certificate Course in “Standards & Legal complian
Sustainability is closely tied to facility management becaus
Discover how the ability to have building information litera
Facility management is the art and science of managing peopl